Just a note to all of our friends in the information security community that we’re gearing up for our fifth Security of Things™ Forum, which is taking place June 19th in beautiful Boston, Massachusetts.
Our call for paper abstracts opened March 1st and runs through April 19th. We encourage everyone who has a topic relating to security for the Internet of Things to use the simple submission form. We’d love to hear your ideas.
[Submit a talk or panel for our June Security of Things™ Forum]
Since 2014, The Security of Things Forum has distinguished itself with superb technical and strategic content focused on emerging security problems and solutions related to the Internet of Things. This year, our Forum will be held alongside PTC LiveWorx, a digital transformation conference where you can join over 7,000 leaders and change makers from around the world.
This year’s theme
Our theme for this year’s Security of Things Forum is “Partnering In Security.” The idea is simple: we’re well past the point of marveling at the woeful security of connected devices or lamenting the myriad of security problems engendered by the IoT.
The fact is: Internet of Things deployments are moving forward in sectors like manufacturing, critical infrastructure, healthcare, transportation and energy. Smart communities are taking root and (of course) homes and workplaces are being transformed by new generations of connected, sensing devices.
What we need to focus on now is how to secure these deployments and burgeoning Internet of Things ecosystems. No single technology will suffice. But what combinations of technologies and services are the best suited to secure IoT deployments? That’s the question we want to explore, with a focus on solving real-world challenges of IoT deployments.
What we’re looking for
As that suggests: we are particularly interested in presentations that have to do with how technologies and services can be brought together to secure (ideally) real-world Internet of Things deployments. Examples might be:
- Tools and approaches to creating more secure IoT products and services (e.g. secure DEVOPS as a method for developing and deploying more secure connected products)
- Efforts to address identity or communications security at scale
- Tools, techniques and approaches for securely managing IoT endpoints at scale
- Practical solutions to known challenges for IoT including including identity management, access management, endpoint management (including patching/updates)
- Managing IoT risk to corporations and other public/private sector organizations
- Hedging IoT risk in novel ways
- Securing legacy infrastructure (think critical infrastructure) from modern threats
- Securing IoT in the enterprise
Obviously, your presentation doesn’t have explicitly speak to the “partnering” theme. Check out our YouTube channel, which has videos from past Forums for a sense of the kinds of talks and panels we host.
Visit our talk submission page to send us your idea for a talk now. The Call for Papers runs through April 19th and we promise to notify all applicants of our decision by April 30th.